Thursday, July 2, 2009

on a whim...

...we decided to check out a local treasure. I'd heard about a farmer's market/wine tasting/concert at a local winery held every Thursday evening in the summer, but I'd never checked it out. So tonight was the night. Boordy Vineyards is such a beautiful place...one I highly recommend visiting if you're in the area. It was fantastic. Musicians played as we walked around the farmer's market and winery. We did not know what to expect, but I can tell you that the next time we go back we will have a picnic blanket in tow and stay to listen, watch, eat and drink. The best part is that it's free! You could simply pack a picnic, take your blanket, and sit on the lawn and enjoy. It's funny, the entire time we were wandering around this beautiful vineyard, I was thinking of my mother and my dear friend Maili, both gourmets in their own right...they would absolutely love it there. Here are some pics from our evening out...





very Parisian, don't you think?
OH...a local chocolatier had wonderful samples...it was delectable!!

the newly planted grapes...so beautiful!
just thought this was kind of cool

1 comment:

Colby said...

wow, that place is a little treasure, huh?Great pictures, Ash. It just keep getting better, I swear.