Friday, August 7, 2009

OOOOOklahoma...

...where the wind comes sweeping down the plain. And the storms are big, the land is flat, and I'm still sneezing out a bunch of dirt :) HA!! So, are you surprised to hear that we just got back from Oklahoma? I knew you would be. We visited my husband's family last week which is always fun and a bit of culture shock for this city girl. My husband comes from a town with 4 stop lights (there were fewer when he was growing up). The big shopping is WalMart and there's not a Starbucks in sight. BUT, it is a very homey, small town where people are still polite and seem genuinely interested when they say "how y'all doin'?". Small town USA is definitely not a bad thing. Here are a few pictures from our visit...we miss you all...I'm sorry...y'all, and can't wait to see you again!!! Thank you for a wonderful time...

this one reminded me of a postcard...so I made it look like one :)
my husband's hometown
my S-I-L and her fiance...
thought this was kind of cool...
awww...baby goat
SERIOUSLY?!?!?! Our new(ish) niece...how cute is she???
My B-I-L, new S-I-L and their beautiful family
again with the cuteness...look at those eyes!
love the feel of small towns
{L} and Grandpa
okay...so Grandpa likes to raise animals...all kinds of animals, including birds...this is one strange breed of pigeon...it looks like it swallowed too hard!
{L} and some of his cousins...they spent 2 whole weeks together AND they're all still speaking!
beautiful, but I'm still washing that red dirt out of socks!
another S-I-L and her adorable family
~GOAT~

No comments: