Sunday, September 5, 2010

a moment in time...

...afterall, that's what we've got. Sometimes the days seem to last forever, but when all is said and done, it's simply a moment in time. We work, we clean, we cook, we caretake...but what are we doing to make these moments memorable? Do you want to look back at your life and think "man, I sure did watch a lot of television"?
Today was a most spectacular day here in lovely Baltimore. As I lay on the hammock in the cool air, sweatshirt pulled around me, I think about how happy I am not to have missed this moment. A symphony of rustling leaves, chirping birds, and laughing children surround me as I turn my face into the gentle breeze that puts the slightest chill in the air. A leaf floats slowly down hinting that fall is just around the corner. A time for change. A time for slowing down. A time to start taking stock of the year that has so quickly passed us by. Don't let the year end without taking moments to pay attention to the little things that make an average day special.

No comments: