Sunday, September 14, 2008

it's the most wonderful time...

...of the (sports) year! It's FOOTBALL season!! Week 2 of the pro season and of our rec season (since hurricane Hanna cancelled games last week)...and it couldn't be better. Well, that's a bit of a lie, it could be better. It would be fantastic if my son was able to play, it would be wonderful if the Browns decide to actually show up to play, and it would be just spectacular if the Patriots lose (no offense to those New England loving friends of mine). Okay, I DO feel badly that Tom Brady had to go out that way, but I still want to see them lose...no sympathy votes here. I mean, come on, Boston this and Boston that. BOSTON BOSTON BOSTON. Enough already. Between the Patriots, the Red Sox, the Celtics (and wasn't Boston College good last year too) I think they've had their share. But I digress. Where was I? Oh right, football. LOVE football. Being my dad's first "boy" I learned to love football at an early age. I can throw a spiral, I can tell you what 3rd and long means, and I can pick Steve Young out of a lineup -- alright, that last one wasn't fair...doesn't EVERYONE love Steve Young??? My point is that football is AWESOME! I look forward to it every year, even if my Buffalo Bills loving husband does drive me insane. So now that it's 12:30 I must be going...the 1:00 games are starting soon...what are you doing still reading??? Go watch one!











No comments: