Sunday, October 19, 2008

think pink...

...today my boys and I ran (okay, jogged) the Susan G. Komen 5k in Baltimore. This was a first for me so I was just impressed that I didn't get carted off by the paramedics! It was a wonderful event and unbelievably inspiring. There must have been at least 30,000 - 40,000 people there. It made getting up at 5:30 this morning completely worthwhile. If you are able, I would totally recommend joining one of these events. It feels good to be out there supporting those that are battling breast cancer, or any other illness really. Not only did we run for {K}, a football mom/friend who has fought this over the past year, but also for those friends that we know with Leukemia as well. They were in our thoughts the whole way.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you guys-it just brought tears to my eyes.

Anonymous said...

YEAH FOR THE A,J % R TEAM!!! Congratulations! I am so so so so so proud of you!
I love you!
Love,
Morgen