Saturday, April 11, 2009

doolittle's dream...

...we've lived in the Baltimore area for 4.5 years now and since the day we moved I've been promising my son a trip to the zoo. FINALLY, we made it down there yesterday. The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore is an older zoo but a great place to walk around. And walk, and walk, and walk...would have been fantastic if I'd thought it through a little better and worn walking shoes. Oh well...a few blisters won't kill me. Anyway, as you know by now, we are all animal lovers. In fact, I'd be surprised if our son doesn't become a vet or run an ASPCA someday. After the trip yesterday, I've decided that we need a giraffe, a mini donkey, an owl and maybe an elephant...I would say a chimp because they're SO stinkin' cute, but then I saw the big splat of poop thrown against the window and decided better of it. I think the giraffes were my favorite. They have the sweetest faces! So here are several pics from our zoo adventure yesterday. Enjoy!!


this cracks me up because I have a cat at home that sits with his tongue hanging out too

okay, this isn't the best pic ever, but I thought I'd show that {L} (on the far left) got to feed a giraffe! How cool!! That woman up there with him seems a bit taken aback by the giraffe's reach...
like I said...the sweetest face!
I figured I'd spare you the pics of him picking his nose  :)


spoonbill grooming
no idea what kind of plant this is, but it's pretty awesome
"what are you lookin' at???"

No comments: