Thursday, June 3, 2010

hodgepodge...

...so because I've been out of commission for the past 5 weeks, my mind has been going CRAZY (fine, crazIER). Early on I took some pics but it was really uncomfortable which, in turn, was really disheartening. But I finally feel as though I'm turning a corner. I'm still not able to take pictures without some discomfort, but it's definitely getting better. And in one more week I'll be rid of this finger splint which should make life quite a bit easier (and my handwriting quite a bit neater). Through all of this it has become quite clear that this is what I'm supposed to be doing. Photography is not a means to an end for me...it's a means to well-being. It lets me view life from a different, more intimate perspective. It allows me to be myself and does not question any part of that. It is one of the few things that I feel like I'm really good at...sometimes that's hard to come by. So with the mending of the broken bones also comes a mending of the bruised spirit. Welcome back ME =)

Since my picture taking has been pretty sporadic recently, I'm just throwing in a bunch of different stuff (hence the title). Enjoy...



lavender is a favorite of mine...


this past weekend Boordy Vineyards held their Wine and Herb Fest...perfection!
one of my son's favorite treats...

Captain Quint played great Jimmy Buffett songs...so much fun!
this one's for my mama...the alpaca lover

and to round out the Spring...how about some Little League Baseball!! Here's my son VERY focused...


my son actually got the chance to pitch the other night...he did a great job!



No comments: